As we age, we have problems doing simple things like standing, the cause of this could be anything, like arthritis, osteopenia, hip replacement, etc.
Some devices assist you in standing; a standing assist device is not only for the elderly but for anyone who suffers from joint pains and back problems.
It is also an excellent tool for people who have just had surgery or some pregnant women.
Ways to Make Standing Up Easier
1. Talk to a Doctor
There are many possible causes for sitting and standing problems, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and other health conditions. The issue may also be related to age-related muscle loss, especially for seniors who are not engaged in resistance exercise or do not eat enough protein.
A doctor can determine the causes of the problems and ways to resolve them. Possible approaches include:
- Medication. Medication may ease some symptoms if the problem is related to a health condition; it is also true if the pain is one reason you are having difficulties.
- Diet or lifestyle change. Changes to your diet and lifestyle can often improve your health and are especially significant for overweight people. Likewise, inflammation can sometimes be decreased through dietary changes.
- Physiotherapy. A physiotherapy is an approach that focuses on restoring function and movement. It can be beneficial in many situations, and some physiotherapists will come to the home.
- Exercises. The doctor or a physiotherapist may also recommend specific activities that can help.
In many cases, support and treatment can make it easier to sit and stand. The proper treatment could resolve the problem. Many conditions are not curable.
Exercise is critical for health in many different ways. Simply staying fit and active can help improve longevity and reduce the risk of health problems. Resistance exercises are also powerful, as they help to strengthen muscles.
Sitting for a long time isn’t good for the body. Regularly getting up and moving around helps restore blood flow and es working. It can make getting up and sitting down less overwhelming.
Some specific exercises can help strengthen your muscles when getting up from a seated position.
The idea here is mostly just sitting and standing, with a strong focus on using the right muscles. The process also helps to build confidence and can make the process easier over time.
In this post, I will look at some of the best aids in helping you stand.
Lift Assists Standing Aid-Handicap Bar with No-Slip Grip Handles, Portable Lift Aid to Transfer Elderly, Senior, Bariatric, Patient, or Disabled Assists.
EASILY AND SECURELY LIFT ASSISTS FOR ELDERLY: Providing a safe way to assist patients and loved ones when standing up from a sitting position, KFF lift assists in eliminating painful pulling and tugging on the arms and shoulders. These awkward underarm situations maybe make the caregiver leave dangerously-balance. use to exit chairs, recliners, sofas, or cars safely and to provide additional assistance in bathroom settings
- COMFORTABLE NON-SLIP DESIGN: KFF lift handle adopts an ergonomic design to provide greater leverage. The diameter of the ergonomic handle is 4.3 inches, which is comfortable to hold for any hand size. The stand assists the handle surface with a slight texture to provide a safe non-slip grip.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE STAND ASSISTS: The ultra-lightweight lift aid is made of sturdy composite material. Length: 9.6 inches, width: 10.8 inches, weighs only 0.6 pounds, and safely supports up to 420 pounds. You can easily carry it anywhere at any time to ask for help to get out of the car or stand up from chairs, benches, church pews, etc.
- HYGIENIC AND EASY TO CLEAN: KFF mobility aids eliminate contact between hand and hand and are a safe, sanitary choice for helping patients and loved ones. The standing aids are made of high-quality, durable polypropylene plastic that can be cleaned safely. Use any ordinary household or industrial cleaning solution to clean or wipe the device safely.
- WIDELY USED STANDING SUPPORTS: This patient lift aid can be used indoors, outdoors, or in cars. It is handy if you need to help someone get out of the car seat after sitting down or lift it off the ground. Lift aids for seniors, disabled, bariatric, and disabled patients assist caregivers, nurses, or therapists in replacing a gait belt.
Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2020
When we saw an ad on TV for this item, I thought, “what a gimmick”. I consulted a physical therapist who recommended the lift. We have a family member who has a fractured leg and has been in a brace for 6 weeks. Sitting in bed and getting up for transfers between the couch, chair, etc is hard. It makes it very easy to transfer from seat to couch to bed. One just has to be careful not to pull the person up too much and pull them over with too much momentum. I would buy this again, if we needed another one
About this item
- ALL-IN-ONE VERSATILITY – The Rock Steady Cane gives you freedom and confidence, making it easy walking in your home or neighborhood, getting up from the couch or toilet, or getting in and out of your car.
- COMPLETELY ADJUSTABLE TO YOUR HEIGHT – 8 settings for heights 5′ 0″ to 6′ 3″ for optimal use without bending or strain. The Rock Steady Cane for men and women makes a perfect travel partner, easily fitting between the passenger seat and the door of most vehicles.
- SELF-STANDING WALKING CANE AND STAND ASSIST AID – the 100 sq inch footprint forms a solid foundation that replaces many aids. NOTE FOR STAND ASSIST – Position the Rock Steady Cane in front of you, grip the handle with two hands, lean and shift your weight forward and push down with your hands. DO NOT PULL FROM A SIDEWAYS POSITION OR IT MAY TIP, as will any walking aid.
- HELPS YOU RECOVER FASTER FROM SURGERIES AND INJURIES – Lets you keep mobile and moving, increasing circulation and flexibility, giving you peace of mind with more stability, confidence, and independence.
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION YOU CAN DEPEND ON – The Rock Steady Cane is lightweight yet strong anodized aluminum with a stylish black finish and supports up to 300lbs.
Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2021
Great Cane.. a step away from the walker.. could be a touch longer in adjustment for those over 6 ft.. about Two more holes of length would make it much more
steady ..Make a taller one!!!
Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2021
I use a rollator walker in the back of my car. I needed something to assist me from the driver’s seat to the rear of the car. This Rock Steady Cane was just what I needed. My gas tank is on the opposite side of the car, so it is very helpful.
Vive Stand Assist – Mobility Standing Aid Rail for Couch, Chair – Assistance Handle for Patients, Elderly, Seniors and Disabled – Safety Grab Bar for Sitting, Sofa, Home – Adjustable, Portable Device
About this item
- STAND UP WITH GREATER EASE: Providing safe, stable assistance, the Stand Assist by Vive allows individuals to rise from chairs, sofas and recliners with greater ease. The dual support handles create a stable foundation for pushing up to a standing position without twisting and turning, minimizing the risk of hazardous falls.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Fitting snugly around the base of secure cushions or beneath loose cushions, the stand assist can be used with any cushioned seat, including plush sofas, recliners and upholstered chairs.
- ADJUSTABLE FRAME: Constructed with a durable aluminum, the stand assist frame safely supports up to 300 pounds. Easy to assemble and adjust, the sleek black frame blends with most home decor for a discreet look.
- COMFORTABLY SOFT GRIP COVERS: Lightly padded with a soft foam, the stand assist handles provide a comfortable yet secure grip for greater leverage and support.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: Lifetime guarantee, so you can purchase now with confidence.
5.0 out of 5 stars
I don’t have any trouble getting off the couch now!
Reviewed in Canada on February 26, 2021
Color: BlackVerified Purchase
I am so glad I bought this. It has made getting up so much easier!! Easier on my knees and will help me gain strength.
5.0 out of 5 stars
Affordable safety, solidly built.
Reviewed in Canada on March 16, 2022
Color: BlackVerified Purchase
Great product, easy to assemble, and the multiple possible adjustments make it versatile to various seating types. Most importantly is the solid construction; there is no flex or give in the handle connections due in part to the provided locking bolts and the squared tubing is a perfectly snug fit.
You should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare providers if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.”
I appreciate your taking the time to read this post. And I look forward to your comments and question, and please remember to share
.NOTE: This post includes affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a product purchased, I get a small commission (with no increase in cost to you)