The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that 150 minutes of moderate regular physical exercise helps you manage your weight, boosts your immune system and reduces your risk of developing chronic disease.
These exercises should include some cardio exercise and should be done weekly for adults. All the can be fulfilled with a stationary bike recommendations
People who are beginners at exercising regularly should be able to easily manage moderate activity on a stationary bike and people who are more in shape can easily increase the intensity to achieve a solid workout
One of the most effective ways of burning calories’ and losing weight is the biking. To lose 20 pounds, you’ll have to burn a total of 70,000 calories’. Which according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines you will have to work out for at least 75 minutes a week at a vigorous level of intensity or 150 minutes a week at a moderate intensity level. Then you should have at least two days a week of strength training to achieve an optimal fitness level.
A bike is especially good for people who are overweight because it reduces mechanical stress on the back, hips, knees, and ankles — even when compared to walking. You can indulge in daily exercise with a lower risk of injury.
Many types of aerobic activity, such as jogging or team sports, can be hard on your joints because of the impact involved. A cycle enables you to get your heart pumping without putting undue stress on your joints.
Burning more calories’ means that you will have an easier time managing your weight. If your weight is around 155 lbs and you exercise on a bike for about 30 minutes at a moderate pace, you can burn about 260 calories’. And if you weigh more, or work at a higher intensity, you’ll burn even more
The muscles you work the most when riding a bike are the quadriceps and hamstrings. Your quads are the main force on the downward pedal stroke, while your hamstrings work on the upward pedal stroke.
The Lower Legs
Because your upper legs are working so hard when you pedal, you may not notice you’re also working your lower legs. The calf muscles push and pull with each pedal stroke, much like when you do a calf raise.
Pointing your toes downward on the upward stroke rather than keeping the foot flat through the entire revolution will create a harder work out for the calves muscles, and mix in some intervals where you stand and pedal.
The Core Muscle
You can also work your abs and back on a bike but for this to happen you should not slouch but sit with your back straight in an upright position and your abs tight or you will not see any toning of these muscles and there will be no benefit from this work out and you will also put yourself at risk or injury
The Upper Body
Your upper arms, shoulders and upper back your total upper-body is worked while on a recumbent or upright bike, you can do curls, overhead raises and other arm exercises with a light pair of hand weights.
You should only do this if you have good balance on your bike and if you can maintain proper posture throughout your workout or this would lead to injury.
According to the Mayo Clinic, regularly riding a stationary bike helps your heart become more efficient at pumping blood. It also increases the amount of good cholesterol while lowering the amount of bad cholesterol in your system to result in less plaque build-up in your arteries.
Just the act of riding a stationary bicycle 30 minutes a day, five times per week may even extend your life.riding a stationary bicycle counts as cardiovascular exercise.
As we know regular cardio exercise helps lower high blood pressure, regulates blood sugar and may prevent heart attacks, especially if you’ have already had one.
Gradually work up to longer rides if 150 minutes per week is too much to start with. Although riding a stationary bicycle is an effective cardiovascular activity, consider cross-training with another activity once or twice per week to challenge different muscles and prevent burn out.
Now that we know the benefits of biking exercises let’s look at two of the top options of the Stationary and regular bicycle. The first one we will look at is the Raleigh Venture 4.0
The handlebars are made from an alloy which is a combination of two or more metallic elements which gives it greater strength and resist corrosion. And the handlebars are made for added comfort for keeping that upright position while riding which is needed to work the muscles in the back and arms.
The Plush Saddle and great suspension seat post make this bicycle a very comfortable ride.
The Shimano ef-51 EZ fire super responsive trigger Shifters allow 24 speeds to choose from for riding up and down moderate hills in just the right gear.
The pros of this bicycle
This bicycle has a rating of 5 stars The pros are unanimous in favorability for this bike. The comments
, Good Components
The only negative is the seat is uncomfortable
The suggested use for this bike is light Trails, for exercise, commuting, Leisurely Riding
Nautilus u618 Upright bike
Now we will look at a stationary bike which I prefer for the convenience of not having to leave home, I can ride at any hour, and am not bothered by the weather.
We are looking at the Nautilus u618 upright bike
Product Features (copied from the manufacturer’s website)
- Adjustable Sight Line™ tilting console with blue backlit DualTrack™ screens — adjustable angles and illuminated screens let the user tilt the console for the best visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in-use.
- 29 Nautilus Training programs — include preset programs for heart rate training, interval training, and weight loss as well as customizable training options.
- Bluetooth® connectivity — offers a seamless transition of workout data to supported smart devices.
- Track metrics on our free Nautilus Trainer™ 2 App — or transfer data to any of our fitness app partners.
- Sync with free RideSocial™ App — and ride through multiple real-world locations alongside people from all over the world in real time
- Multi-position handlebars with integrated incline and resistance controls and adjustable elbow rest — make it easier to adjust the level of intensity during the ride and find the most comfortable cruising angle.
- Nautilus Gel™ Fore/Aft & Height adjustable seat — customizes the saddle and cushions the glutes for our most comfortable riding upright.
- 3 piece chrome crank system with weighted pedals — for easy foot placement and smoother pedaling
- Optimized Drive Train — our 30 lb effective flywheel system has been performance engineered for a smooth feel and challenging resistance throughout the ride.
- Wireless heart rate chest strap — is included (in addition to contact hand grips) to monitor heart rate.
- 325-pound load capacity — built to withstand the rigors of performance training.
- 15/3/1 Warranty — our promise to stand behind the entire product…frame, parts & electronics and labor
Specs copied from the manufacturer’s website
- LWH 38.5 x 24 x 58.3 in. (97.8 x 61 x 148 cm)
- Maximum User Weight
- 325 lbs (147 kg)
- Assembled Product Weight
- 83.1 lbs (37.7 kg)
- Frame: 15 yrs / Parts/Electronics: 3 yrs / Labor: 1 yr
This bike has everything you need for a good workout with some added comfort ( who says exercise needs to be tedious and boring?) This machine has a 4 stars ratings and has very good reviews
The Pros are Runs very quiet
Very sturdy strong
Wide selection of resistance training
Seat cushion very comfortable
Computer screen very easy to read.
Flywheel clunks on occasion
Computer screen easy to read but a lot of reading of the manual that comes with the bike and in addition suggest that in order to take advantage of the all the features of this bike download the complete owner’s manual.
If you like riding in the out doors then the Raleigh bike is for you there are a wide assortments of bikes at ammozon including Adult Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike, and many others,
These two bikes along with a wide arrange of other bikes are available at Amazon
Thank you for reading this post, I welcome your comments and questions, and please remember to share,
.NOTE: This post includes affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a product purchased, I get a small commission (with no increase in cost to you)