The best mobility scooters for seniors citizens
Seniors have a strong desire to remain independent and be in control of their lives for as long as possible.
But there are times as we age we will need assistance especially in the area of mobility.
As we age some of us will develop arthritis, which causes pain in the joints, and this affects our mobility.
When there is pain, when walking, or when our balance is affected, I think it is time to consider a mobility scooter,
You can benefit from a mobility scooter if you find that your lack of mobility is impacting your daily life.
If you’re having trouble balancing throughout the day and don’t feel as if a walker or cane will provide improvement, a mobility scooter or wheelchair is the best option for you.
Maybe your only need is for mobility on outings or trips, that require more walking, there are lightweight scooters available that can be folded and easily stored away after
The 4-wheel scooters are the best overall because of their stability, versatility, and maximum comfort level.
These scooters can be used indoors or outdoors without the fear of tipping over on rough terrain.
Because of their larger size, their battery life tends to last longer, so you don’t have to worry about frequently changing out or charging the battery.
Although they are less maneuverable than 3-wheel scooters, most have to turn radiuses that can handle indoor corners.
Losing some maneuverability in place of a more stable ride may be completely fine with you, especially if you live in a spacious home.
In this post I will be looking at the 3 mobility scooters that I think will be the best value to you.
With contemporary styling and cutting-edge technology, the Zero Turn 10 is the perfect combination of aggressive performance and maneuverability.
Discover the comfortable ride the Pride Mobility ZT10 Scooter provides with CTS Suspension. Powerful dual-motor and two-wheel drive offer aggressive traction, easily tackling rugged terrain on trails.
When you’re done spending time outdoors, this four-wheel electric scooter transitions seamlessly indoors. Maneuver smoothly through the halls and doorways with iTurn Technology®.
Maneuver smoothly through the halls and doorways with iTurn Technology®.
- Pride’s patent-pending, intelligent-turning, iTurn Technology provides 4-wheel stability with 3-wheel maneuverability
- Ambient voltmeter
- Tiller Adjustment lever
- Full LED light package includes LED headlights and rear lights with sequential turn signals and puddle light under the tiller
- Pride’s CTS Suspension
- Three-speed control lets you adjust your speed when moving from indoor to outdoor driving
- Delta tiller with wraparound handles
- Easy access tiller-mounted charger port
- USB charger built into the tiller for convenient charging of smartphones and portable devices
- Integrated storage/cup holder in the tiller
- The XLR charging port on the tiller
The ZT10 disassembles into six pieces for easy transport: the seat, the rear section, the front section, the basket, the batteries, and the battery shroud.
Pride Mobility warrants this scooter (Jazzy-Zero-Turn-4-Wheel-Scooter-from-Pride-Mobility) as follows:
• Lifetime limited on the frame • Two years on electronics, drive train, and mechanical parts • 6 months on the batteries
The warranty does not include plastic trim, upholstery, and tires.
Review from a customer
5.0 out of 5 stars
Seller stands behind sale 110%
Reviewed in the United States on January 14, 2021
Color: Ocean BlueVerified Purchase
Automobility store made good a bad ZT10 i mean every manufacturer has a lemon but Charles went out of his way to get pride help to switch the scooter out 5
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Product Dimensions : 37 x 19 x 36 inches; 69 Pounds
- Item model number: PHOENIXHD4
- Batteries: 2 12V batteries required.
- Date First Available: May 31, 2013
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- ASIN: B00DOD096K
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, items can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #128,853 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #21 in Powered Mobility Scooters
Quick and easy disassembly with quick connect batteries; Includes interchangeable color panels in Red and Blue
- Comes with a headlight and a large, plastic carry basket. Turning Radius: 54 inches, Climbing Angle: 6 degrees, Ground Clearance: 3.75 inch
- Height-adjustable swivel seat with two-tone upholstery and fold-down backrest; Armrests are padded and adjustable. Wheel Base Dimensions: 30.7 x 19.1 inches, Charger: 1.5A Offboard
- Easy to adjust tiller. Floor to Seat Height: 20 22 inches, Seat Dimensions: 17.5 inches W x 17 inch D, Front, and Rear Wheels: 9 x 3 inches Flat-free
- Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation; Flat-free, non-marking tires and anti-tip wheels
Karen, Speech-Language Pathologist
5.0 out of 5 stars
4 years and going strong!
Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2019
I bought this scooter almost 4 years ago. I work in a large school and due to arthritis, could not get to places I needed to go without great pain.
I am over 300 lbs and this scooter has held up very well. It comes apart easily and I can lift each part and battery up and into my SUV. I find it easier to load into an SUV than a trunk since I don’t have to lift up and out when removing it.
This scoot has changed my life. I can go to places that otherwise I would have to miss out on. I love going to the farmer’s market, sightseeing, conventions, and sporting events. I am able to go to amusement parks without having to rent a scooter now. My scooter has been in grass, gravel, up hills, downhills, all over.
My family loves me using it so they can put their bags and goodies in the basket. I am thinking about purchasing a rear basket for the family trips! With this scooter, I can go anywhere!
It has held up great and I have not had any mechanical problems with it. It is easy to drive and simple to take care of.
I am going to be ordering another one in the next few weeks, not because there is anything wrong with this one, but I travel between here and another destination and decided it would be easier to have one at each place rather than haul it back and forth! I will have more room for luggage that way.
If you are hesitant to purchase one of these scooters don’t be. It can change your life!
- Package Dimensions : 45.5 x 23.6 x 22.6 inches; 130 Pounds
- Item model number: Go Go ET4 wheelchair
- Batteries: 2 12V batteries required. (included)
- Date First Available: November 19, 2014
- Manufacturer: Pride Mobility
- ASIN: B00PV2QSLW
- Best Sellers Rank: #129,715 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #22 in Powered Mobility Scooters
- LONG DRIVING RANGE: The Sport’s long-lasting battery offers up to 14.5 miles per charge and an ample 4.7 mph top speed
- EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGER MOBILITY ACCESSORIES: Includes the Challenger Large Rear Basket (J900) to carry all your personal items and shopping, a Deluxe Armrest Bag (J200) to keep your essential dry and close to you while riding your scooter or powerchair, and the Nonbreakable Universal Scooter Cup Holder (J3000) so you can enjoy your coffee on the go!
- WARRANTY: 1-Year Hassle-Free In-Home Service Plan – Included. Lifetime limited warranty on frame 2-year limited warranty on electronics 2-year limited warranty on drivetrain 6-month limited warranty on batteries
Review from a customer
Top reviews from the United States
5.0 out of 5 stars
An Excellent Product
Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2017
As so many of the reviews have already stated, this is a great quality product. I have found that if you have room in the back of an SUV and two people to lift, you don’t have to break down the front and rear base parts – just remove the seat and the battery pack, fold the steering column down and lift it straight in.
My wife usually holds the rear and I hold the steering column near its base after locking the wheels, and we simply lift and roll it in.
Since my disability restricts me from bending over or squatting down to lock the two pieces back together while on the ground, this is a better solution for us.
Our vehicle is a Honda Pilot and if you have anything smaller you’ll have to put it in sideways to transport it “unassembled”.
One item to be aware of: When it is delivered it is a very large, VERY heavy box – so try to get your delivery person to leave it where you can easily unpack and assemble it.
My delivery was quick and on-time, and despite its weight, he put it on our front porch where we could easily unpack it.
Overall the quality of this scooter is very good. I used it DC three days in a row without charging, visiting monuments downtown, etc. and the charging indicator never dropped below nine stars (out of ten).
I live in the mountains and I have been impressed with this scooter’s ability to go up pretty significant inclines on the pavement.
I had one issue with a defect in the stitching of the seat cover (which is removable), I contacted the seller and they took care of it immediately – sent me a whole new seat assembly.
I have the large basket for the back, but given the size of the front basket I probably won’t be using the rear basket – it takes up a lot of room in the car and it’s just another piece to assemble before you hear it out.
Now I can keep up with my wife and we can do all those things (requiring lots of walking) we’ve been putting off. I highly recommend the Go-Go Sport.
Many people for different reasons will not consider using scooters, as they believe they are too cumbersome, and some may even feel embarrassed that they need to use a scooter.
If you are one of those please think of scooters as a way to regain your independence, and keep you from pain.
And with new technology there is a vast improvement in scooters, they are now more functional and lightweight, very easy to handle over different types of terrains without tipping over.
Thank you for stopping by, hope you found the information provided useful to you, I am looking forward to your comments and questions.
.NOTE: This post includes affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a product purchased, I get a small commission (with no increase in cost to you)